U-Haul Car Trailer Rental Prices 2023
Introduction to U-Haul Trailer Rentals
What is a U-Haul Trailer?
In the realm of vehicle rentals, U-Haul trailers have made a name, aiding transitions efficiently. They’re specific types of mobile storage units hauled by another vehicle, ideal for transporting household items or even vehicles.In addition to truck and trailer rentals that can assist with DIY moves, U-Haul provides a range of other services. U-Haul offers trailers designed specifically for cars and motorcycles as an alternative option when professional car shipping is not available.
When Might You Need a U-Haul Trailer?
The need for a U-Haul trailer pops up for local moves, furniture pickups, or business transfers. The versatility of these trailers enables handling both small and large scale transportation needs.Depending on your vehicle, you might not have the option to rent a car trailer at all. It’s important to check well in advance to determine if you should explore alternative choices.
Understanding U-Haul Trailer Rental Prices
Factors Affecting Rental Price
What you pay for a U-Haul trailer will vary. Key factors like move dates, taxes, environmental fees, and add-on services all influence your final bill. The timing of your booking also carries weight in determining the price.
Average Pricing of Different U-Haul Trailers
Here’s a peek into U-Haul trailer pricing. Something as small as a 4′ x 8′ Cargo Trailer can cost as low as $14.95, while larger items like the 26′ Truck tag along a price tag of $39.95. On average, one can expect to shell out about $189.29 for a U-Haul item.
Exploring U-Haul’s Auto Transport Trailers
What is an Auto Transport Trailer and Who Needs It?
An Auto Transport Trailer, designed for hauling cars, holds a lifesaver title for vehicle movers. If you’re constantly on the move or in need of transporting your prized wheel-baby safely over long distances, these tow dolly trailers should be on your radar.
Breaking Down the Pricing of Auto Transports
Auto Transports hold a slightly different pricing structure. They’re priced according to the size and weight of the vehicle and the distance of the move. So every move would potentially reflect a unique quote. It’s best to contact U-Haul for specific estimates.
The U-haul Reservation and Rental Process
Making Your Reservation Online or Over the Phone
Registering for a U-Haul inconvenience-free! Either head to their website to reserve your trailer, or dial up a local U-Haul rental centre. Remember, planning ahead ensures you get the gear you need, especially during peak season.
What to Expect at a U-Haul Store
Striding into a U-Haul store, expect a walk-through of your rental agreement and equipment operation. Should you need add-ons like packing supplies or storage options, they’re at your disposal. Friendly staff will guide you throughout.
Evaluating Additional Costs with U-Haul Rentals
Insight into U-Haul Gas Fees
Gas fees might feel like hidden surprises. U-Haul charges for refilling the tank to the level it was when you picked up the vehicle. An insider tip? Keep track of your mileage and the vehicle’s fuel efficiency to calculate future fuel costs.
U-Haul Insurance – Do You Need It?
With U-Haul, the insurance isn’t mandatory. Yet, it’s wise to have a safety net. Your existing insurance might not cover rental damages. U-Haul’s insurance options such as SafeMove or SafeMove Plus offer different levels of protection against potential mishaps. Purchase the cover that suits your journey.
Added Benefits and Extra Services from U-Haul
Use of U-Haul’s Moving Help
Should you seek extra hands, U-Haul extends moving help. The cost varies based on crew size and duration. But remember, it’s you vs damages, as U-Haul doesn’t promise compensation for unfortunate happenings during the move.
Utility of Extra Equipment Offered by U-Haul
With U-Haul, you can rent or buy additional equipment like padlocks, dollies, and packing supplies. These add-ons, including a dolly, make your move smoother. Despite the slight bump in price, they’re worth considering for a hassle-free move.
Cherry on Top: Special Offers and Discounts
Discounts for Multiple Day Rentals
If you’re renting for several days, you may be eligible for discounts. U-Haul often offers lower prices for multiple day rentals. So, check with them about potential discounts before you make your reservation.
Other Possible Savings
Besides multi-day discounts, U-Haul comes with other savings as well. From flexible reservation and cancellation policies to promotional deals, these savings can cut down your relocation budget significantly. Always stay updated with their latest offers!
u haul trailer rental prices one-way
- U-Haul offers one-way trailer rentals, which lets you pick up the trailer at one place and drop it off at another location. This service is especially beneficial for long-distance trips or moves.
- The price for renting a U-Haul trailer can fluctuate based on several variables such as the size of the trailer, the distance you’re moving, and the length of your rental.
- U-Haul advertises starting rates at $14.95, but this promotion typically applies to local moves. The costs for one-way or long-distance moves are reliant on the specifics of the move, like the type of trailer you need, the total distance between locations, and how long you need the trailer.
- Additionally, some trailers might not be available for one-way rentals, which could require you to opt for a different, potentially more expensive, equipment.
- The cost of a one-way move with a U-Haul trailer is determined by factors such as the trailer size, the starting point of your move, destination point, and the date of your move.
- To get an accurate estimate of the rental cost, it’s best to visit the U-Haul website or contact a U-Haul location near you.
- It is important to note that while U-Haul advertises low starting prices, additional fees may apply. These can include mileage charges, taxes, and other fees related to the rental. These additional costs can significantly increase the total price of the rental.
- Also, while the advertised $14.95 rate applies to in-town moves for the rental period up to a day, the one-way move rates might be different and would include a set number of days to complete your move.
- It’s always recommended to carefully consider all these factors and ask for a detailed breakdown of costs to avoid unexpected expenses.
u haul trailer rental prices per hour
Based on the provided research, specific hourly rates for U-Haul trailer rental are not explicitly mentioned. Instead, prices are often displayed as a base rate. Here’s what can be discerned about the pricing:
- U-Haul trailer rental rates start at $14.95, but final prices may vary based on several factors.
- For long-distance moves (picking up at one location and dropping off at another), prices are determined by the type of equipment you need, the distance between locations, and the length of time you need the rental.
- Here are some specific rates for different trailer sizes, all prices are per day:
- 4′ x 8′ Cargo Trailer: $14.95
- 4′ x 7′ Utility Trailer: $14.95
- 5′ x 8′ Cargo Trailer: $18.95
- 5′ x 8′ Utility Trailer: $18.95
- 5′ x 10′ Cargo Trailer: $29.95
- 5′ x 9′ Utility Trailer with Ramp: $24.95
- 6′ x 12′ Cargo Trailer: $29.95
- 6′ x 12 ‘ Utility Trailer: $29.95
- 6′ x 12′ Utility Trailer with Ramp: $34.95
- Motorcycle Trailer: $14.95
- Please note that some trailers may not be available for long-distance rentals. It’s also crucial to be aware that actual costs might vary depending on availability, location, and current demand.
Do u haul cargo trailers have ramps
Every moving ordeal can be a puzzle, but one question we can answer definitively for you is: do U-Haul cargo trailers have ramps? Yes, they absolutely do. Ramps are a beneficial feature of U-Haul cargo trailers, designed with ease and convenience in mind for every mover deal with hefty items.
U-Haul offers utility trailers, like the popular 5′ x 9′ Utility Trailer with Ramp, specifically made to handle bulky items that won’t fit inside an enclosed trailer. Ingeniously engineered, these trailers have a spring-assisted ramp that makes the loading and unloading process far less strenuous. For those who are shifting items such as motorcycles or golf carts, this kind of trailer is a go-to choice.
The presence of ramps and straps in these trailers eliminates the wrestle with bulky items, providing ease during both the loading processes, and when dispensing your items at your destination. Their importance can’t be overlooked, as straps are an essential feature that contributes significantly to the safe, secure transport of your bulky goods.
FAQs about U-Haul Car Trailer Rentals
What is the cheapest way to transport a car?
The most cost-effective way to transport a car, besides driving it yourself, is to rent a car trailer. Using a U-Haul trailer can be a significantly affordable solution for your move, especially if you’re keen on a DIY approach.
Are there any hidden fees in U-Haul Trailer rentals?
U-Haul keeps transparency high. But unexpected costs like gas fees, environmental charges, or extra day charges can seem hidden. Knowledge of these before your journey starts can save you from an inflated final bill. Stay informed!
Can I rent a U-Haul trailers for more than a day?
Certainly! U-Haul trailers can be rented for more than a day. In fact, you are allowed to extend your rental if need be. The extension, however, is subject to availability, so it’s best to plan ahead.
How much is U-Haul per mile local?
For local moves, U-Haul typically charges around $0.99 per mile. Remember, this charge gets calculated after you return the truck, contributing to your final bill. So, it’s best to estimate your miles for a roughly accurate budget.
What size ball do I need for a 5×8 U-Haul trailer?
Towing a 5×8 U-Haul trailer requires either a 1-7/8″ or 2″ hitch ball. Mind you, the hitch ball must have a minimum weight rating of 5,000 lbs. Always check your vehicle’s towing requirements.
Towing an U-Haul 5×8 trailer calls for either a 1-7/8″ or a 2″ hitch ball. Note that the minimum weight rating of the ball should be 5,000 lbs. Ensure your vehicle adheres to this requirement.
Does U-Haul have military discounts?
As of now, U-Haul does not offer specific military discounts. However, they do have plenty of deals and discounts that everyone, including military personnel, can take advantage of. Keep an eye out for these!
What is the hitch height of a 5×8 U-Haul trailer?
For a 5×8 U-Haul trailer, the maximum acceptable hitch ball height stands at 25″. Overlooking hitch height may lead to dysfunctional towing, so uphold this specification during your move for a smooth process.
how much is a 6×12 u-haul trailer per day
The cost of renting a U-Haul trailer that measures 6 ft x 12 ft starts from $14.95 for the smallest model. For the 6 ft x 12 ft size, the cost can rise to approximately $29.95 per day for local use. Please note, these prices are before tax and may increase if you need the trailer for more than 24 hours. Also, remember these estimates are for the local, not long-distance moves.